Draughts Federation of Russia (FSR) is a Russian public organization that unites draughts federations of Russian regions. The main purpose of the federation is to develop and popularize the game of draughts in the Russia, as well as represent the interests of Russian players, coaches and organizers in the international level.
Activities of the Federation
The Draughts Federation of Russia was established in 1992, but was officially registered with the Ministry of Justice of Russia only on May 24, 1995 (certificate of registration No. 2760). Until 1998, the organization was abbreviated as RFSh. RFSh is the legal successor of the USSR Drafts Federation, which was until 1992.
The Draughts Federation of Russia is a membership-based voluntary Russian public association, which includes regional divisions of the FSHR and independent drafts federations of republics, territories, regions, cities of federal significance, autonomous regions and autonomous okrugs on the territory of the Russian Federation. The Draughts Federation of Russia has the status of an all-Russian sports organization accredited by the Ministry of Sports of the Russian Federation and on behalf of the Ministry of Sports of the Russian Federation is vested with the right to conduct official competitions of the all-Russian level in all disciplines of the draughts sport, including the Russian Championships, Cups of Russia, All-Russian competitions, Championships of federal districts and others.
Presidents of the Draughts Federation of Russia
- Nikitin Anatoly Yuryevich : (2015- now)
- Jurgenson Alexander Valerievich : (2012-2015)
- Levchenko Anatoly Nikolaevich : (2011-2012)
- Harutyunyan Rafail Rubenovich : (2011-2012)
- Zakhryapin Alexander Mikhailovich : (2005-2011)
- Kabolov Vladislav Vladimirovich : (2004-2005)
- Gurkov Evgeny Aleksandrovich : (2004-2004)
- Klimashev Roman Nikolaevich : (1998-2004)
- Gorbachev Sergey Nikolaevich : (1997-1998)
- Ptitsyn Vladimir Ilyich : (1995-1997)
- Kozlov Ivan Pimenovich : (1992-1995)